Robert E. Connor, Jr. Masonic Youth Camp of Texas
This youth camp is named after the late Past Grand Master of the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas, Robert E. Connor Jr., who also served as the Police Chief for the City of Columbus, TX. The camp is held at Cathedral Oaks Retreat Center located 10 miles south of Weimar, TX.
This annual youth camp was began in July 2000 by Past Grand Master Connor and is for young men between the ages of eight (8) and seventeen (17) and the camp is fully staffed by Prince Hall Masons. Two hallmarks of the camp are mentoring opportunities and leadership development workshops. Since its inception, this program has served over 1000 young men who have traveled from various cities across the Lone Star State to attend this annual youth camp.
Participants will participate in seminars, sports, swimming and mentoring programs. Participants will be exposed to officials of the various Masonic Houses and speakers from across Texas. Each participant will receive a Camp T-shirt and a Holy Bible. They will have an opportunity to play basketball, archery, board games, football, golf, movies, softball, swimming and meet new friends. Members of the Prince Hall Masonic Family will hold information sessions each night in the Chapel where we will have positive male role models who will speak to the young men about C.P.R., decision making, education, college, careers & counseling, peer pressure and other subjects.
The registration fee for each participant is $125.00. The registration fee covers housing, food and activities of the Camp. The Camp will be limited to sixty (60) participants. For applications, you should contact your District Deputy or the office of the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas. Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Robert E. Connor, Jr., Masonic Youth Camp is cancelled.
Rules for Participants
- Participant must be a male and a resident of Texas
- Participant must be between the age of nine (9) and seventeen (17) before the start of the Camp.
- Participant must have a school grade average of C (2.0 or equivalent).
- Participant must bring all required medication to camp.
- Participant must submit a liability release form signed by parent or guardian.
- Anyone with a Felony record cannot attend the Camp.
- Participant must have good moral character.
- Participant must adhere to all rules and regulations set forth by the Camp Staff.
- Camp Directors will ensure that all rules are enforced. Failure to follow Camp rules will result in participant being sent home.
- It is the responsibility of sponsors to provide transportation for participants to and from the Camp.
- Participants will furnish their own personal items. (tooth paste, soap, towels, linen, pillow, etc.)
- Participants must adhere to dress code established by the Camp Directors. Dress code will be strictly enforced.
- Participants will be divided into groups and assigned to an Adult group leader.
- All forms can be reproduced if additional forms are needed. Each District is requested to sponsor at least one participant. A District may sponsor more than one participant.
Edward W. Brown II
Youth Camp Director
Robert E. Connor Jr. Youth Camp