Robert E. Connor, Jr. Masonic Youth Camp of Texas
Cathedral Oaks Retreat Center
July 11, 2019 thru July 14, 2019
Mr. Edward W. Brown II, Camp Director
The Nineteenth (19th) Annual Prince Hall Youth Camp will be held at the Cathedral Oaks Retreat Center located approximately ten miles south of Weimar, Texas. The Camp will begin on Thursday July 11, 2019 at 3:00 PM and conclude on Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 11:30 am . Our theme is “Preventing a Lost Generation”.
Participants will participate in seminars, sports, swimming and religious programs. Participants will be exposed to officials of the various Masonic Houses and speakers from across Texas. They will receive lecturers and information on preparing for the now job markets, coping with daily community problems and preparing for their futures.
Each participant will receive a Camp T-shirt and a Holy Bible. They will have an opportunity to play basketball, archery, board games, football, golf, movies, softball, swimming and meet new friends. Members of the Prince Hall Masonic Family will hold information sessions each night in the Chapel where we will have positive male role models who will speak to the young men about C,P,R, ,decision making, education, college, careers & counseling, peer pressure and other subjects.
The registration fee for each participant is $100.00. The registration fee covers housing, food and activities of the Camp. The Camp will be limited to fifty (50) participants. The deadline for registration is June 01, 2019. For applications, you should contact your District Deputy or the office of the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas.
Rules for Participants
- Participant must be a male and a resident of Texas
- Participant must be between the age of nine (9) and seventeen (17) before the start of the Camp.
- Participant must have a school grade average of C (2.0 or equivalent).
- Participant must bring all required medication to camp.
- Participant must submit a liability release form signed by parent or guardian on or before June 01, 2019.
- Anyone with a Felony record cannot attend the Camp.
- Participant must have good moral character.
- Participant must adhere to all rules and regulations set forth by the Camp Staff.
- Camp Directors will ensure that all rules are enforced. Failure to follow Camp rules will result in participant being sent home.
- It is the responsibility of sponsors to provide transportation for participants to and from the Camp.
- Participants will furnish their own personal items. (tooth paste, soap, towels, linen, pillow, etc.)
- Participants must adhere to dress code established by the Camp Directors. Dress code will be strictly enforced.
- Participants shall arrive at Camp on Thursday, July 11, 2019 on or before 3:00PM.
- Participants will be divided into groups and assigned to an Adult group leader.
- All forms can be reproduced if additional forms are needed. Each District is requested to sponsor at least one participant. A District may sponsor more than one participant.
Edward W. Brown II
Youth Camp Director
Robert E. Connor Jr. Youth Camp